Monday 18 July 2016

Last minute panics

First, awaiting me on returning home from a few days backpacking (blog http://litehikersblog.blogspot.co.uk) was a letter from Direct Line saying that a payment I made a few days ago for European Breakdown Cover hadn't been processed and could I call them. I did and it seems that their system is at fault. They quoted online for ten weeks cover and I accepted online. Apparently, they don't offer more than thirty days and this confounded their system. After a lot of faffing around, we went with the RAC.


Another thing happened while I was away. The "rock 'n' roll" bed suddenly wouldn't go fully up or down. It has been a bit temperamental from new but two days from departure was a real pain. I decided initially to ring Autosleeper first thing this morning but then decided I would just go over to their service centre which is only half an hour's drive away and maybe stand a better chance of getting some help. They couldn't have been more helpful. Their man spent half an hour inspecting, diagnosing and advising a workaround to get the mechanism to work properly. There is a problem so I'll book the 'van in with them in the next few months to get it sorted.


Most of today was spent stowing food, clothing and other items in the 'van and also filling the water tank. We don't have to leave until tomorrow afternoon so no rush. Our sailing from Harwich is at 11 o'clock tomorrow night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment