Saturday 14 July 2018

Osavatnet - 13 July 2018

Geoff
What a change to the weather. Dull and overcast and didn't really change all day. 

I sent most of the morning walking. Up a seemingly endless zigzag of steps up to the dam of the next lake, Svartavatnet. Then followed a lakeside path to some way past the lake till I found a rising path to the left. This brought me over and then down to my return path, so making a circular walk. 



Nothing too strenuous. Not so many people about today, not surprisingly. 

Spent much of the afternoon reading in the camper and drinking tea. Late afternoon, I packed up and drove into Indre Arna and the Rema 1000 where I used their free wifi and did a bit of shopping. Then I called by Bratland Camping and replenished my water supply before heading off to the airport to await Amanda's flight which, unfortunately, was delayed by 35 minutes. I was able to park at the back of a filling station only five minutes walk from the terminal which seems to be the thing to do as you only get seven minutes free at the terminal and then it gets expensive. 

Having located a travel weary Amanda, we could probably have gone back and overnighted at the filling station but I preferred the thirty minute drive back to Osavatnet where we could wake up to beautiful surroundings in a leisurely way and that's what we did. 

By the way, it was my birthday today and a bit of an odd one too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment