Wednesday 11 July 2018

Osavatnet, Bergen - 11 July 2018

Geoff 
I was enjoying a quiet night's sleep in my tent when, around 3am, there was a clatter outside. I looked out (it was still quite light) and saw that my cooking pot with lid on, attached to a Caldera cone, had been neatly upended. I've no idea what did it. 

Yet more good weather. I breakfasted at a stone slab table nearby. Around 9, I retraced my route back to the camper. A lovely walk. I caught sight of a deer some distance away watching my progress. 

I negotiated the mile of hairpin bends back down to the E16 and headed back through tunnels to the Rema 1000 at Indre Arna to download the paper. Looking on Pocket Earth to find somewhere promising for a walk, I set the satnav for a lake, Osavatnet, with another lake beyond. In fact, I couldn't get all the way because what the satnav saw as a road was actually an unmade track not open to vehicles. However, wanting a walk, once I had drunk coffee and read some of the paper, I set off along the track. It was pleasant walking and mainly tree lined for nearly a mile where it then met a road. I then walked about 1.5 miles along the quiet winding road until I reached Osavatnet. It's at the end of a valley, steeply rising forest on one side and grass and bush covered on the other. A car park was maybe one third full with about thirty cars. It looked ideal for an overnight so after a spell sitting on a rock with my feet in the cool water nearby, I set off to walk back to the camper. 

So, back at Osavatnet with the sound of running water. I've had a pleasant evening mainly reading. Nearly all the cars have gone now (it's 10.50pm),  very light, with the late evening sun giving a red tinge to the mountain at the valley end. 



No comments:

Post a Comment